We are a group of developers and designers from Europe. When we heard about the emerging African tech hubs we decided to take a trip to connect and exchange with local communities.
We met incredible people, shared ideas and experiences and built things together. We learned about cool projects and unique challenges, visited amazing spaces, and - most importantly - made friends.
We had been working with people from all over the world, but not yet with hackers from Africa. We were curious and wanted to change that.
We also wanted to share our experiences with our local communities and kick off a continuous exchange.
We went as self-funded individuals in order to meet at eye-level and organized barcamps and hackathons to get in touch with as many people as possible.
In 2013 we went to East Africa and spent a week each in Nairobi (Kenya), Kampala (Uganda), Kigali (Rwanda) and Dar es Salaam (Tanzania) and visited the main tech hubs there.
Latest Blog Posts
- The Movie is coming – thanks for your support –
- New video with impressions from Rwanda/Kigali –
- AfricaHackTrip on TV –
- AfricaHackTrip @ GIG_rp14 –
- Be a part of AfricaHackTrip! –
- Reset.org Interview on AfricaHackTrip –
- African WebMuses and AfricaHackTrip featured on bild.de –
- African WebMuses –